The 21st Amendment brewery is known primarily for their awesome beer. They are also known as a brewery that only uses cans for it’s consumer sales, on top of kegs and the like. This lack of bottles helps the beer be transported easier and resist light damage. Both of these are good news for their newest offering, a winter saison called Sneak Attack. Check out my review of 21st Amendment Sneak Attack Saison
- Beer – Sneak Attack
- Brewery – 21st Amendment
- Brewery Location – San Francisco, CA
- Availability – Winter
- Style – Saison
- ABV – 6.2%
- IBU – 38
- Serving Type – Can into Snifter
- Appearance – Bright golden, straw colored with some cloudiness. Solid white head that fades somewhat quickly to a tiny ring.
- Aroma – Citrusy aroma similar to a wheat beer. Bright yeasty smell with some of the labeled cardamom showing through.
- Taste – A very light taste with the belgian yeast showing through. Slight funky farmhouse taste with a clean finish.
- Mouthfeel – light and good carbonation throughout. Not a heavy beer at all.
Sneak Attack is a great Belgian style Saison in all regards. The light, crisp taste is refreshing for a winter beer. The aroma is long lasting, which pairs perfectly with the taste. A light mouthfeel supports the light taste, but is not watery. The head fades quickly, but lasts as I would expect. I can honestly say this is the first saison I’ve had from a can, and I am definitely impressed. I did not get a lot of the cardamom mentioned on the can, but I am assuming it is there to support the overall flavor profile.
Craft Beer Academy Score
Each category is out of 5 possible points, with the total score being out of 30.
21st Amendment Sneak Attack Saison rated a 25 out of 30, giving it an 83% CBA score.
Thanks for checking out this review of 21st Amendment Sneak Attack. Make sure to check out my other beer reviews too, and sign up for the mailing list below.
Until next time,