Looks like Stone Brewing Co. is making the jump from the West Coast to the East with a planned brewery in Richmond, VA. The Escondido-based brewer plans to spend $74 million to build the brewery and support buildings. This move will greatly increase the availability of Stone beers not only on the East Coast, but around the country and world as well. Here’s the details:
- 200,000 square ft production brewery and distribution facility, taking up a total of 14 acres.
- 250-barrel brewhouse.
- The new facility will create more than 288 new jobs.
- Barring issues with local permits, the new facility will open in late 2015 or early 2016.
- World Bisto & Gardens will open around a year after.
- The new brewery will feature year round brews as well as special East Coast releases.
Co-founder Greg Koch says of the new brewery:
“A facility on the East Coast will allow us to meet demand for our beer, ensure we are providing our fans with the freshest beer possible and also serve as a distribution hub for states located east of the Mississippi. We look forward to becoming an integral part of the lively craft beer community in Richmond, the state of Virginia and the entire eastern U.S.”